SchoolsfortheCureJoin Susan G. Komen Austin’s Schools for the Cure® program to get your students and athletes involved in the fight against breast cancer.

Did you know 75% of the money Komen Austin raises is invested into LOCAL community health grants and the remaining 25% funds global research to find the cures for breast cancer?

But we can’t do it alone – find out how your school can get involved in our mission to save lives and end breast cancer forever. The Schools for the Cure program teaches students valuable leadership skills and the importance of making an impact in our local community.

Click here to check out the Schools for the Cure handbook with all the details on how to get involved in our 2016 program. The school that raises the most in 2016 will get exclusive free tickets to the Austin Spurs PINK night basketball game at the Cedar Park Center in January 2017.

Register your event online for exclusive access to mission outreach materials and our events calendar.

 

 

How Your School Can Get Involved 

Sports for the Cure®

  • Join Sports for the Cure and hold a ‘Pink Out’ game

 

Raise Awareness

  • Write cards for survivors
  • Hold a special assembly honoring faculty, staff, and parents who are survivors or forever fighters
  • Invite Komen Austin to your school’s health fair
  • Turn your school pink during Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

 

Raise Funds

  • Create a ‘Go Pink for Komen’ spirit week and sell pink t-shirts and spirit wear
  • Collect donations in exchange for homemade pink-ribbon pins
  • Participate in the ‘Penny Wars’ to raise money one coin at a time
  • Have an ice-cream or pizza party for the classroom that raises the most money for Komen Austin
  • Create your own fundraiser. The possibilities are endless!

 

For more information or if you have questions email events@komenaustin.org or call 512-473-0900.

 

 

Schools for the Cure